Grant & Contract Submission Process
Steps for Submitting a Grant (Research and Programmatic) Proposal
These steps apply to all associates, including employed physicians (Mercy Health Physician Partners). Non-employed physicians who want to submit a grant should contact the Director of the Office of Research and Innovation directly.
1) Identify the grant you would like to apply for and obtain the Request for Proposal (RFP).
2) Review the Mercy Health 'Grant Submissions: Research and Programmatic Grants' SOP below.
3) Notify the Designated Authorizing Official for Grants at Mercy Health of your intent to submit a proposal at least 3 months prior to submission deadline and complete the Intent to Submit a Grant form.
4) Select your project team for completing the RFP. Make sure to include a grant writer, the Director of Research and Innovation/Grants and Contracts Manager to assess the grant from the operations side, the Finance Analyst in the Office of Research and Innovation to assess the budget, and any other key players.
5) Meet with the project team to review the RFP and make assignments for completing portions of the RFP.
6) Submit a contract or letter of agreement to the Designated Authorizing Official at least 2 months prior to the submission deadline.
7) Submit an application to IRB if required.
8) Submit a finalized budget to the Designated Authorizing Official at least 10 days prior to submission.
9) Submit the RFP to leadership (i.e. Medical Director) in the department from which the grant originates for approval.
10) Submit the completed RFP to the Designated Authorizing Official at least 2 days in advance of the submission deadline.
Director of the Office of Research and Innovation
Grant and Contracts Manager (Designated Authorizing Official)
Office of Research and Innovation
Grant Submissions: Research and Programmatic Grants and Contracts Policy >