Sleep disorders have been recognized as potentially serious medical problems. One out of three Americans has a sleep disorder, which may make their sleeping or waking hours miserable. Many of these people suffer needlessly simply because they are unaware that a problem exists. However, sleep problems donít just cause sleeplessness and fatigue they are known to contribute to health conditions including high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, sexual dysfunction, and stroke.
Mercy Hospital Graylingís new two-bed sleep diagnostics clinic has a hotel-like atmosphere and is handicap accessible.
If you wake up feeling tired, or fall asleep during the day, take a quick sleep assessment or contact your primary care physician.
To be evaluated, patients are referred by their primary care physician, but self-referrals are also accepted. Margaret
Moen, MD, a Board Certified sleep specialist, sees patients Mercy Hospital Graylingís new sleep diagnostics clinic on Monday. Call toll-free 1-866-875-3379 to schedule an appointment.
If you answer is "yes" to any of the following, call 1-866-875-3379 to schedule an appointment.
- Are you a restless sleeper?
- Do you snore loudly or heavily through the night?
- Does your bed partner report pauses in your breathing at night?
- Do your legs kick or jerk at night?
- Do you wake up with a dry mouth or a headache?
- Are you still tired when you wake up?
- Do you fall asleep unintentionally or nap during the day?
- Do you lack energy or does sleepiness interfere with your work or social life?
- Do you usually sleep more than 8 hours in a 24-hour period?
- Do you have problems with short-term memory, focus, or concentration?
- Are you tense, irritable, or depressed during the day due to lack of sleep?
If you are a Mercy Hospital Grayling patient and have
a compliment, concern, or complaint, please contact one of our Patient
We welcome your comments and suggestions about this Web site.